Frequently Asked Questions
How long does my hair have to be to have pre bonded or tape in hair extensions?
How long will my hair extensions last?
I am going on holiday, can I swim and go in the sun with my new hair extensions.
Will tape hair extensions ruin my hair like glue bonds and weft can?
Should I expect to lose any bonds or tape hair extensions
Do I need to have to have maintenance?
How long does application of Extension Professional hair extensions take?
Can I use hair straighteners on my Extension Professional hair extensions?
What products should I use on my hair extensions?
How often should I wash my hair extensions?
What if I colour My natural hair?
- Brush extensions from root to tip with a Tangle Teaser
- Keep head upright when washing hair
- Gently comb conditioner through hair when conditioning then rinse
- Try not to shampoo and condition your hair more than 3 times a week
- Every 10 days leave on you conditioner on for 15-20 minutes then rinse. This will help keep your hair soft, nourished and rehydrated
- Only use the recommend shampoo and conditioners
- Loosely tie or plait hair at night when sleeping. This is optional it can be left down
- Always use a bristle brush when blowdrying and ensure the nozzle is on your hairdryer blowing straight down the hair shaft from the root
- Use a heat protector when blow drying hair
- Where possible avoid using hair straighteners—these will damage the hair and rapidly shorten the lifespan of your hair extensions.
- Avoid serums and oil (such as Moroccan oil) on the root. These should only be applied to mid lengths and ends. Oil on the bond of tape can cause your bonds to slip
- When visiting the hairdressers for a blow dry advise the stylist to take extra care not to cause too much tension
- Ensure you keep to the date of removal. After this point the bonds or tapes start to grow down the hair and become noticeable and can damage the natural hair
- Always make sure you rinse your scalp properly when you shampoo your hair whilst wearing hair extensions. With all the extra hair you have you need to scrub in between the bonds or tapes and rinse well. A build up of shampoo can cause severe scalp irritations.
Extensions take a while to get used to depending on each client. It is important to let them settle. This usually takes around 2 weeks. Louise also recommends visiting a salon once a week for a professional wash and blow dry whilst wearing extensions.